Friday, April 17, 2009

Seniors 2009

I’ve spent the past two weeks serving on three scholarship committees and it’s been a great experience. How happy I feel about our future!

The young people I’ve met these past few days are remarkable.  Graduating seniors who have already accomplished so much, we got to meet them in person and hear about their lives and dreams.

Balanced, articulate and passionate about their options and goals, they shared hope and commitment to giving college their very best. I don’t know if my own generation was as calmly confident although I know we were as eager. 

Another thing that they all shared in common: the acknowledgment of emotional support they gave to their parents.  Whether it was one-parent family or two, young or older parents, varying levels of education, these parents were all exclaimed roundly as the primary role models of these scholarship winners.

My congratulations to the 2009 grads, in Dallas and around the nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment