Thursday, April 23, 2009

Life in the 80s




In the late '70s and early '80s, I was running a little bar called the Lakewood Yacht Club, and performing with a comedy group called Random Scam.  

The guys told me I needed some new portfolio shots, so I hollered at an old friend from OU who was shooting football games for Sports Illustrated. 

He came and shot a few rolls and came back a week later with wonderful prints.  Lord knows what I've done with our group shots... We had recorded a 45 record - a parody of the Village People called the Village Apartment People, "It's fun to live on Northwest Highway"  and we had several off and on gigs around town.

Makes me smile to look back on those days - moderately sane,  still kickin'.

1 comment:

  1. I bought a copy of that 45 at a thrift store in Garland back in the early 90s.... I still love it!

    ReplyDelete